Avail Comprehensive Guide For Netgear EX6100 Setup
In this advanced era, no one wants to stay behind as the Internet has become faster than ever. But when the Internet stops working, it seems like the entire world has frozen. Thus, with the WiFi extender, this kind of scenario never occurs. Netgear EX6100 extender is the easiest and fastest ways to extend the range of your existing WiFi. It increases the distance of a WiFi network by boosting the WiFi network. It also improves the quality of the signal over long distance as well. But in some limited situation, most of the users not able to complete the process of Netgear EX6100 setup wireless extender. This is due to the reason that they don’t know the complete procedure of router setup.
If you are in the same situation, then this article will help you to sort out all the difficulties that you face while installing the Netgear EX6100 extender on your system.
Different Modes of Netgear EX6100 Setup:
Basically, there are two different modes to install the Netgear EX 6100 that is,
- Access Point Mode (AP),
- Extender Mode.
When we talk about the Access Point mode, it builds a new WiFi connection within the network. The Extender mode works as a typical WiFi range extender.
Step-By-Step Procedure For Netgear EX6100 Setup:
If you are looking for the overall procedure of Netgear EX 6100 setup, then you need to follow some steps that are described in details below. Hence, apply the procedure as instructed:
Install Netgear EX6100 as an Access Point
In order to set up the router in the Access Point mode, perform the below mentioned steps as instructed:
- At first, switch the key on the extender to the Access Point.
- After that, connect the ethernet port of the Netgear EX6100 to a router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Then, plug the socket of the extender into a plug point.
- Further, you will see a new WiFi signal from the EX6100. Then, connect to a WiFi network which are compatible devices to them.
- After that, open your browser and enter the page name in the address bar.
- The internet connection gets will automatically get detected by the device.
- Later, press the Apply option to change the settings of the extender.
- After that, chose Security settings for the Netgear extender and then click Continue option.
- The wireless network for extender has been created successfully and press Finish option and exit from the page.
Now, take a look at how to setup Netgear EX6100 with the help of the Extender mode. Both methods are easy to execute. After that, you decide which one is suitable for you.
Set up EX6100 as an Extender
- If you want to install the Netgear EX6100 WiFi Range Extender with the help of the Extender method, go through the article carefully.
- Firstly, set the extender key to the Extender.
- Plug in the extender into an electric socket and turn on the extender.
- After that, try to open the manufacturer website and go through the instructions given in the New Extender Setup Wizard option.
- Then, choose The Network name or SSID option from the option available there and to proceed further, press Continue option.
- Enter the network key for the extender and hit the Continue option.
- Then, choose a name for the extender and click the Continue which is available in the bottom of the window.
- After that, create a network by extender and press Finish option.
Hope, with the help of the above processes, you can easily install the Netgear EX6100 successfully without any trouble. If you face any problem while applying the methods or failing to perform Netgear EX6100 setup, then the best way is to take help of a tech expert to set up your Netgear router hassle-free, without any further complications.