Top Pro Tips To Solve Linksys Router Error 321
Linksys is one of the finest brands of router device that allows high-speed internet for both home and office use.
However, it is quite common that users get an error sometimes while working with the device. Linksys router error 321 is one of the most commonly occurring ones which generally occurs due to improper installation of the router.
Sometimes, a faulty cable or misconfiguration of the Linksys router can also cause this error code.
Outdated router firmware or the poor settings in the firmware is another prime cause for this issue.
No matter what the reasons are, this article will guide you to get back the router connection in every possible way at the earliest.
Techniques to Overcome Linksys Router Error 321:
If you have planned to fix this error 321 on your Linksys router, then here is how to fix it. You can try either of these solutions or all the methods that we have discussed below to get back the internet connection as earlier.
Method 1: Reconfigure the Linksys Router
If the router that you are using is not working or installing correctly, then there might be some issues with the configuration.
Sometimes, misconfiguration of the router setup halts the device to install manually. Following are some steps that we have shared below to reconfigure the Linksys router.
- Take the Ethernet cables and connect the Linksys device to the computer and the modem to the WLAN internet port.
- After connecting all the cables, open a web browser and drive to the Router’s Configuration page.
- Connect the page to the same network and put the value “http://192.168.1.1” in the Router’s address.
- Tap the Enter key and enter the Username and Password before accessing the Configuration page.
- Click the Internet Settings option from the top and select the Wireless Settings option.
- After that, enable the “SSID Broadcast” option and select the Wireless Encryption as WPA2-PSK.
- Click the PassPhrase option and then click the Apply button to complete the task.
Finally, click the OK button and simply close all the tabs and try installing the Linksys router software again.
If the method fails or still the device is not installing the software yet, try out the next solution that we have shared below.
Method 2: Turn Off the Windows Firewall Temporarily
During the router setup process, the Windows firewall blocks all the connection and hence, the error code 321 occurs.
You need to turn off this feature temporarily and here are some steps given below to do so.
- Open the Control Panel on your Windows and click the System and Security option from the left side.
- Locate the Windows Firewall option on the right side and click on that.
- After that, select the Turn Windows Firewall Off option and click the Home Network Location option.
- Select the Public Network Location setting and tap the OK button to complete the task.
Restart the computer and connect the router device to see if the device is now connecting to the internet properly.
You can also try the next solution we have discussed below if the error code is not fixed yet.
Method 3: Update the Linksys Router Firmware Manually
If the error code remains even after reconfiguring the router, then you need to update the Linksys router firmware.
Here are some tips that we have shared below to update the Firmware manually.
- Take the Ethernet cable and connect one end to the router and another end to the computer.
- Now, grant access to the Wireless connection and open a web browser to proceed further.
- Open the official website of the Linksys router and click on the Router’s Setup page.
- After that, locate the Advanced tab from the top and click on that option.
- Select the Administration option and click on the Firmware option to check for a new version.
- Now, when the search is over and if there is any software available, click on the software to proceed further.
- Click the Download button next to the file name and wait for the process to complete.
- When the download is over, click on the Install Now button below the screen and follow the instructions to complete the task.
Finally, restart the router and computer and try installing the device’s software to see if the error code is now fixed.
If still, you are encountering error 321 or the software is not installed on your device, you can try one more solution.
Method 4: Run the Installation CD Again
The users are requested to run the installation CD again to their PC to fix this installation error.
Sometimes, the CD drive stuck with several bugs and this results in unable to detect the installation disk.
Hence, you need to run the installation CD again. You can go through the given below tips to do so.
- Turn on the computer and connect the router device with the Ethernet cable.
- Insert the CD into the CD-Drive and open My Computer by pressing the Windows+E key.
- After that, double-click the Linksys router option and select the Run option.
- Accept all the terms and conditions and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the task.
Now, restart both the router and the computer. Further, check if the error code is now fixed and the software has been installed successfully or not.
Method 5: Setup the Router Without Installation CD
If the software is still not installing accurately even after running the installation CD, you need to set up the router device without the installation CD.
The following are some of the instructions we have given below to accomplish the task.
- Take the Ethernet cable and connect one end to the router and the other end to the computer.
- After that, turn on the router device and check if the green light is blinking properly.
- Open a web browser and launch the setup page of your Linksys router.
- Now, change the Internet Connection Settings and IP address manually as per your need.
- Wait for the next screen to appear and put the Username as Admin and the Password also.
- Finally, wait for a couple of minutes unless the computer accesses the internet via the wireless network.
Now, when the internet is connected successfully on your computer, verify if the error code is now eliminated.
If still, you are facing the Linksys router error 321 even after performing all the methods that we have discussed, then there might be some hardware fault.
In case, that is not the case with you, you can feel free to consult with your network operator.
Hopefully, the article guided you in every possible way to terminate this error code and get the connection back.
If you have any other solutions and suggestions to deal with this error code, then you can post it in the comment section below.