Resolve Linksys External Storage Not Working Issue
While using your Linksys router, you might face difficulty regarding the use of external storage memory or USB memory. For this difficulty, you can face disruption in sharing pictures, videos, music, and many more files.
This problem can also cause difficulty in connecting the USB port with your Linksys device if you want to access any item. Once if this problem occurs on your device, you cannot connect other USB devices and even your printer.
Now, if you find that you are having issues with the external storage of your Linksys device, then first try to know the root cause behind Linksys external storage not working problem.
Reasons for External Storage on Linksys ea6350 not Working:
There are different reasons which are responsible for the occurrence of the Linksys router external storage not working issue. Most of them are mentioned below:
- While using the external storage of your Linksys router if you haven’t logged out as Administrator, then this error might occur. Generally, this happens if you have no or limited access to your files on your external drive.
- This error may also occur when there is no proper mapping of your router to your USB drive or when you have not updated the driver of your router.
- Due to some technical or hardware problem, you may face this problem.
- This error can also occur when the documents of your system’s external storage come under ‘Unsupported format’. For this reason, Linksys can block the access of files.
- Sometimes, if you install an Operating System which doesn’t support the adapter of your USB.
- It can also be seen that due to a faulty cable connection or USB port, external storage may not work.
- If there is any kind of virus attack on your system, then this error can occur. This error can also occur when there are unauthorized changes in your system.
Quick Fixes to Overcome Linksys External Storage not Working Issue:
If you are getting this issue frequently in your Linksys router, then you can follow any of these methods discussed below. So have a look at these and apply them carefully.
Method-1: Acquirement of Administrative Rights before the Use of USB Drive on Linksys
Before the use of USB drive on your Linksys router, you need to acquire administrative rights. To acquire administrative rights, you need to follow these steps:
- At first, you have to identify the exact location of your drive which you want to access. Then you need to choose the ‘Properties’ option from the ‘Drop Down Menu’
- After that, a window will pop up on the screen of your system. You have to go to the ‘Security’ option. After choosing the ‘Security’ option, if you find any security notification popping up, then click the ‘OK’ option.
- In the next step, go to the ‘Advanced’ option and click on the ‘Owner’ button. After doing this, you can see the settings of the drive for ownership. From the ‘Name’ list, you can locate the tabs for selecting ‘User name’ or ‘Administrator’. So, you have to choose any of the options or choose the ‘Administrator’ option.
- In the next step, if you want to have the ownership of the folder, then you have to tick on the checkbox. Further, click on the ‘OK’ button and wait for the notification to come. The notification asks you whether you want to replace directory permission with ‘Full Control’ grants permission.
- Then you have to click on the ‘Yes’ option which will enable you to access the external drive. This is done by enabling the admin rights with the help of the Linksys router.
But still, if you see that the above solutions failed, then go to the Settings page to disable the security software if there is any.
Method-2: Mapping of your Router While Connecting to USB Drive
If the first method does not work for you, then feel free to follow this method to fix the external storage problem.
To solve this problem, you have to use FTP server with the help of mapping your Linksys router. If you can map your router device, then you will be able to read and write files from the USB drive.
Now, to map your Linksys router, you have to follow these simple steps.
- First, you have to go to the official site of the Linksys router or you can also enter your IP address. After this, you have to log in to the configuration router and enter the username and password.
- Next, you have to tap on the link of USB storage. Then you have to go to the ‘Apps’ section to check the settings of configuration.
- In the router’s USB port, you have to insert the USB drive. This USB port is present at the back of the panel of your device.
- To recognize the external storage, you have to give some time to your device. But if you observe no change, then click on the ‘Refresh’ option. Next, you have to wait for the details of USB drive which will appear on the screen.
- Next, you have to go to the ‘Folder access’ section and the address beside ‘PC access’ option has to be noted. You will need this address while mapping of the USB drive. This will help you to connect to computers with the help of your Linksys router.
- In the end, go to the menu bar and click on the ‘Map Network Drive’ option. Then you have to enter the address to get access to your PC.
- Furthermore, tick the checkbox showing ‘Reconnect on logon’ and then choose the ‘Finish’ option.
Hopefully, the above steps will help you out to get rid of this Linksys external storage EA6350 not working error. Still, if you find that the above methods fail, then you can format the USB drive.
Also, you can replace the following software and reinstall the device. Moreover, you can also install recent updates if the driver is obsolete. You can also take help from technicians to solve this error properly and efficiently.