The Router Has No Default Gateway | Easy Hacks To Resolve
Windows users often face this annoying problem, when a message reads “default gateway of your router is not available.” If you are encountering this error, then you are not alone. The error message says the router has no default gateway. Owing to this problem, you will see a red X on your system’s network and you will be unable to access your network connection.
Though it is irritating for the user, you need to know the possible fixes for this issue. Therefore, let us analyze the possible causes of this annoying problem and learn about the fixes at the same time.
Know the Reasons Behind the Router Default Gateway Not Available
There are several reasons for this problem. Firstly, it might appear when the system has been set to use a static IP address. Secondly, the router or any other network hardware is responsible for this problem. Whatever the causes, first, you need to know about the simple procedure to resolve the error message.
Hence, go through the article carefully and perform the undermentioned procedures in order to get rid of the error.
Quick Ways To Fix Router Default Gateway Not Available
In order to get rid of the problem, we have mentioned some effective ways below. Perform them accordingly and resolve the issue.
Procedure 1: Remove Antivirus Programs
In some cases, the problem occurs due to the antivirus software. Hence, in order to get rid of the problem, you need to uninstall the antivirus software from your system. To uninstall the antivirus program, follow the below instructions.
- Head to the Start menu and select Control Panel option from the list which appears.
- After that, click Programs and then Programs and Features option. A list of the program will appear on your screen.
- Select the antivirus which is installed on your system and right-click on it.
- Then, select the Uninstall option and follow the on-screen instructions. You need to restart the system when the uninstallation process completes.
Procedure 2: Change Network Adapter Driver
An incorrect driver of a network adapter will lead you to the problem. To fix it,
- Open the Device Manager using Win key and X together, and open Device Manager.
- Next, expand the network adapter. After that, right-click the network adapter and then select Update Driver Software option.
- Then, select ‘Browse my computer for driver software’ option and a message will show on your screen saying ‘Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.’
- Uncheck the box which corresponds to the option ‘Show compatible hardware’ option. After that, tap on the Intel Corporation option. Select the different network adapter which you have. Then, press Next option.
After changing the network driver, if the problem still persists, then try to change another driver until you find the correct one.
Procedure 3: Reinstall the Network Adapter Driver
A faulty network adapter driver can be responsible for the router default gateway not available issue.
Hence, you need to check if the network connection works properly or not. If you find anything wrong with that, you should uninstall the driver and install it with a fresh and updated version. To perform this follow the steps described below.
Launch the Device Manager on your system. After that, expand the Network Adapter, right-click on the network that you are using, and select ‘Uninstall’ to uninstall the driver.
On your screen Uninstall window pop up, then select Ok to proceed further.
Lastly, reboot your system and try to install it manually. Go to the manufacturer’s site, search the network adapter and install the network adapter driver with an updated version. When the process completes, restart the system and check the status of the error.
Procedure 4: Update Network Adapter Driver
Basically, an outdated version of your network adapter driver can also be responsible for this frustrating problem. So, you should check whether an updated version is released or not. To check,
You can update the driver or check for the update via Device Manager or Windows Update.
- Head to the My Computer option and right-click on it. You will find the Properties option. Click on the option.
- System option will open. In the bottom left corner, you will find the Windows Update option. Click on it. It automatically checks, notifies whether an updated version is available or not. If available, update it and restart your system.
Above procedures are the most effective ones in order to fix the error the router default gateway not available. Hope this will help you and applying them correctly, you will get effective results. In case, if you face any difficulty, you can post your doubt in the section below or you can contact a reliable technician.