Linksys BEFW11S4 Set Up: Step-By-Step Solution
In this ever-growing world of technology, we all are not limited to home computers only. We want to attach each and every device to the internet through the wireless network. To accomplish this, we look for the routers which can fulfill this necessity. Moreover, the Linksys BEFW11S4 router model is the most well-known router model among the list of routers. It is being widely used by lots of people across the globe because of its exceptional performance. However, if you have got yourself a Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless router and you want to figure out how to set it up. Then, this article will provide you the simple process you need to carry out the Linksys BEFW11S4 set up. Therefore, go through the following section to know the effective steps to configure the Linksys BEFW11S4 router model.
Quick Configuration Steps on the Linksys befw11s4 set up
Setting up your Linksys BEFW11S4 router model is not a troublesome task. It is a very simple configuration process which generally does not require a lot of time.
Here we have mentioned some effective steps regarding”how to set up Linksys befw11s4?” The steps are as follows:
Accessing the Router:
To access your router, you need to follow below steps.
- At first, you need to go to your desktop and open the web browser. (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox etc.)
- After that, go to the address bar of the web browser and enter the default IP address of your router. Tap on the Enter key or tap on the Go button.
- Now, you will get the “Enter network password” screen.
- You need to write the “admin” in the password box ( the “admin” is the default password) and skip the username of the router. Hit the Ok button.
Setup Page Security Option:
Whenever you arrive at the configuration page of your router. You will get various types of wireless security features. Three security settings are mentioned below that you need to configure to set up your Linksys router.
To configure SSID, follow below-stated steps:
- At first, you need to delete the Linksys from the SSID field.
- After that, you need to enter your own unique SSID.
- Make a strong SSID for your router which is very tough to guess especially for the outsiders. Use some numbers or letters which is related to your personal information.
- Once it is done, tap on the Apply button. Then, hit the Continue button.
2. SSID Broadcast (Firmware 1.42.7 and above only)
The below mentioned steps are only for SSID Broadcast:
- You need to select the NO option on the “Allow Broadcast SSID to associate?”
- After that, tap on the Apply button. Then, hit the Continue button.
3. WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)
The required steps are as follows:
- At first, you need to tap on the Mandatory option for the WEP option.
- After that, choose the “WEP key settings” button.
- Now, you will get the “WEP key settings” screen. Change the option from 64 to 128 bit.
- Once it is done, you need to enter a Passphrase which is different from the SSID. in fact, you need to try to make it alphanumeric. Create a password along with some numbers. This may help your password to be strong and tough to guess. Once the key generating process is complete, you need to copy the key in a notepad. After that, copy that file into a floppy.
- Now, you need to tap on the Apply button to save the changes. Then, tap the Continue button.
- Close the screen.
- After that, tap on the Apply button. Then, select the Continue button on the Setup page.
Configure Station MAC Filter:
The Station MAC Filter is a great security option which has been affixed to 1.42.7 Firmware and above. To implement this security option, follow below described steps.
- At first, you need to tap on the Advanced option under the Setup page.
- After that, hit the Wireless tab in the Filters page.
- You need to make sure that all the wireless systems are set up to your router and are currently able to locate the internet.
- After that, tap on the Active MAC Table option.
- Now, you need to move the “Wireless Active MAC Table” screen.
- Once it is done, select the Edit MAC Filter Settings option under the main screen.
- Whenever you get the “Wireless Active MAC Table” screen, you need to go to the Taskbar and tap on the Wireless Active MAC Table so that screen arrives.
- Now, you need to enter the MAC address under the “Wireless Active MAC Table” with the two windows side by side. Enter the password in the “Wireless group MAC table”.
- Whenever you are entering MAC addresses, do not add the dashes and do not hit the Filter button.
- After that, you need to tap on the Apply button. Then, select the Continue button under the “Wireless group MAC Table” screen.
- Once it is done, close the “Wireless Active MAC Table” screen and the “Wireless Group MAC Table” screen.
- Enable the Station MAC filter setting in the main window.
Now, the Linksys BEFW11S4 set up process is done. You can try to connect the devices to your Linksys router.
The steps we have listed will definitely guide you through the entire setup process. Moreover, this article covers the effective and useful guidelines that you will need to set up Linksys BEFW11S4 router model.
The above-described steps are practical enough to ensure the premium solution on time. However, you do not require any extra technical knowledge or skills to perform the steps. In case, you face any confusion or trouble while setting up the Linksys BEFW11S4 router, it is advised to opt for an expert’s help.