Fix Linksys Error Code 2117 With 5 Hacks
When your router can not find out the current network from the cable connection, you can notice the Linksys error code 2117 on your screen. Another effective cause of this error is corrupted files which can be a real threat to your PC.
Therefore, take the necessary measures to get rid of this problem instantly.
Here, we have described all the possible solutions in a simple language which will guide you in the best possible way.
Causes of Linksys Error Code 2117
Linksys error code 2117 can occur for a number of reasons. Your computer might misbehave if this error code triggers on your screen. Let’s check the below symptoms of this error which you may face.
- If you do not set up your router in a proper way, many files might get corrupted or other problems may appear. This can cause Linksys error code 2117.
- Never add a damaged system file to your device as this can trigger this issue.
- Another common reason that originates this problem is connection error of the router or internet.
- Downloading of junk files and viruses is one of the main reasons behind this issue.
How to Fix Linksys Error Code 2117?
Every device has good features and usages. If you know how to utilize it then you will be benefited by these devices. To make them long-lasting you have to give some effort.
Maintaining the devices, updating them on a regular basis, checking the issues and fixing them and others are the primary work that you must follow if you want a robust perform based device. So, here are the few easily solutions that you can try out.
Set Up Your Router In a Proper Way
Set up is an essential part of any device. Before using a Linksys router, make sure you have set it up correctly. To do the set up in the correct way, you must follow the below steps.
When you encounter Linksys router error 2117, instead of hitting Retry, again and again, check the box that says “ I understand that my network is currently open and not secure. I would like to use Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account to configure my router’s security settings” and after that click on Continue option.
Fix Damaged File
The Entry of a damaged file can be a reason for Linksys error code 2117. So make sure you always fix the damaged files to get an error-free router.
System File Checker (SFC) is a command utility that helps to fix your damaged files. Check the below steps and run an SFC scan.
- First Press and Hold Windows Key+X from your keyboard and from the menu select Command Prompt (Admin).
- When you see the Command Prompt Window, type sfc /scannow command and hit the Enter key to run the scan.
- When the scan is complete, you can notice “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS.Log%WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log: message if SFC could fix the damaged file.
Check Your Network Connection
Proper Internet connection is important if you want Linksys error 2117 would not appear on your screen.
Most of the time this error pop up because of an inactive internet connection. For checking the internet connection status-
- Open your browser and log in to your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account.
- A small window of Router Settings will come up. Click on the Troubleshooting option. You can see the status of all the devices that are connected to the router.
- Click on Report to check the router connection and network settings.
Accomplish Router Login Interface
Linksys error code 2117 occurs when your router can not discover the present network from DSL or cable connection. To fix this problem go to your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account and log in
By user id and default password and verify the login interface.
Delete Junk Files
When you use the internet, many viruses or malware or junk files get automatically downloaded to your system without your knowledge. These junk files are one of the reasons for this error code. To remove this file follow the below steps:
- First click on Start then Go to Settings then System
- Click on storage from the window that appears on the screen and Turn on the switch that is present under Storage Sense
- Click on the link that says Change how we free up space automatically and check the box of Temporary Files
- Select a frequency from the drop down lists under Temporary Files so that Windows can remove junk files from time to time.
- Finally, Click On Clean Now option to delete the files
- After the process is complete Exit from the page of Settings window.
Through this article, we have tried our level best to provide you the best possible solutions to fix Linksys error code 2117. If you apply all the methods step by step, you can solve this issue and get an error-free router.