5+ Fixes for Netgear Parental Controls not Working Error
People mainly prefer the Netgear Parental control feature for its extraordinary device secure functionalities. By using this outstanding trait, you can keep away your child from accessing vulgar and adult sites efficiently.
Moreover, you can restrict internet access for your children by blocking all the harmful websites with this incredible element of the Netgear router.
In case of account settings error, Wi-Fi connection problem, and DNS address problem, you can encounter the Parental Controls malfunction issue.
However, this article can help you to overcome this “Netgear Parental Controls not working” problem effortlessly.
Eradicate “Netgear Parental Controls not working” Error with Effective Tricks
You can use the following ways to enable the Netgear Parental Controls. Try them out one by one to check which one is working correctly.
Fix 1: Test the Wi-Fi Connection
If the Wi-Fi signal fluctuates on a frequent basis or shows the sluggish connection, then the Netgear error is not an uncommon issue for the users.
If the Netgear router Wi-Fi signal strength is very poor or shows a low signal, then you can face the internet connection problem on your system.
To overcome this hassle, you need to reset the router settings by performing as mentioned below.
- Turn off the router and wait for a few seconds.
- Tap on the RESET key from the backside of the wireless device and wait for another 15-20 seconds.
- Finally, restart the router and check whether the Wi-Fi icon toggling issue gets resolved or not.
If the problem appears again, then try to contact our ISP for a quick connection fix.
Fix 2: Enable Netgear Parental Control Mode Features
Sometimes, you won’t be able to configure the Parental Control features and then you can come across this annoying issue.
To overcome this problem, you need to change the Parental Control Code and modify other sections by following the steps below.
- Open the Netgear Genie application and ta on the Parental Control Operations.
- After that, log in to the router with the essential credentials and launch the Parental Controls screen.
- Now, click on the Next button and proceed with the Setup program.
- Click on the YES button from the Live Parental Controls window that appears on the screen and possesses an OpenDNS account.
- However, you can skip this step by tapping the “No I need to create a free OpenDNS” option.
- Then, tap on the Next button and go to the Filter Level window. Here, you can choose Mode settings as per your requirements (Low, Moderate, High and Custom, etc).
- Finally, click the Next button and close the window.
Fix 3: Modify the DNS Server Settings
If the IP settings error occurs, then you can often encounter the Netgear parental controls error. To mitigate this annoying issue, you can follow the steps below and change the DNS value with an accurate data.
- Right-click on the Wi-Fi icon and choose Open Network and Sharing Center from the pop-up menu.
- Now, click on the option saying, “Change Adapter Settings” from the left panel of the window.
- Click on the network icon that you use currently for internet connection and right-click on it.
- Open the Network Properties window by choosing the Properties option from the pop-up menu.
- Then, tap on the Networking tab from that window and make sure that both the IPV4 and IPV6 protocols are selected.
- After that, go to the Advanced Settings by hitting the Properties tab from the same window.
- Now, go to the DNS address field directly by skipping other options. Type the value “184.108.40.206” manually and set “220.127.116.11” as the alternate DNS address.
- Finally, close the Properties window by tapping the OK button for two times and exit from the Network Settings window. Then, check whether the error message, “Netgear parental controls not working” still appears on the screen or not.
Fix 4: Fix the Netgear Account Settings
When you use the internet connection without any restrictions, then you might face the account settings issue.
Therefore, it shows the annoying message, “Netgear parental controls not working”.
In this situation, add a bypass account is the best way to avoid this router settings hassle.
- Open the Netgear main application window and tap on the Status option from the window.
- Click on the Change Custom Settings option from the next page.
- After that, click on the Add a bypass account option and create a new account. So, enter a new username and set a passcode.
- Then, confirm the process by tapping the Add Account option and select appropriate restrictions and filtering level from the Filter window.
- In case of including extra filter features, you have to choose None option.
- Finally, tap on the “Save the Filtering Level” and apply the new changes to it.
Fix 5: Turn off the Internet Security Temporarily
Many times, internet security prevents the Netgear router functions. Then, you need to disable that security or reduce the level of internet security to get rid of this issue.
To perform it, you can try out the steps below and overcome the Netgear Parental Control problem easily.
- Double-tap on the Chrome icon and launch the Chrome browser window.
- Now, click on the Control and Customize button (three-dotted icon) at the top-right corner of the screen.
- After that, click on the More Settings from the drop-down list that comes on the display.
- Choose Advanced from the bottom of the screen and go to the Privacy and Security option.
- Next, click on the Site Settings and customize the Chrome handles and permission for that Netgear router IP.
- Finally, close the window and disable internet security temporarily. Now, verify whether it is working or again it is showing, “Netgear Genie parental controls not working”.
Here, we have defined the various processes to get rid of the “Netgear Parental Controls not working issue” very quickly.
Moreover, the above solutions will be beneficial to enhance the performance of the Netgear router effectively. In case of a severe issue, you can connect with a Technical expert team for reliable help.