[Solved] Linksys Error 2118 with Proven Steps
Usually, when there is a network related error, Linksys error 2118 triggers on your router. It also indicates the presence of configuration error as well. This is why it is necessary to fix it at the earliest.
In case you are not aware of the causes, this article will help you to be aware of the causes for which this error might trigger up. Also, you can apply the solutions that are described below.
Why Does Linksys Error 2118 Occur?
It is essential for you to know all its causes only then you can fix this issue. Here are the causes described below.
- Linksys error code 2118 might cause if you do not configure it the way it is required.
- A Poor network connection is another reason for which you can notice this error.
- Apart from this issue, if there is any problem with the setting of your router, then this Linksys unexpected error 2118 can arrive.
- Every router has default account settings. Because of this, there might cause other problems like Linksys ea6500 unexpected error 2118. These problems which arise for this default setting ultimately generate Linksys error 2118.
- If you get interruption for downloading and uploading a file then this issue can cause this error.
Resolve Linksys Error 2118 with Simple Ways
Once you are aware of the causes of Linksys error 2118, then you must move to the solution part to fix the issue. Try out the steps that are stated below:
Get Proper Internet Connection
As you know the bad internet connection is one of the major causes which generate this issue. So, to solve this issue verify whether you have a proper network or not. Router signal must be appropriate. If it drops down again and again then you have to set up an internet connection manually to resolve the network issue.
To set up the network of your router, follow the below steps.
- To check the Wi-Fi connection, right-click on Wi-Fi icon >tap on Open and Network and Sharing Center to open Network Settings.
- A window will open up. Select Change Adapter Settings option from the window. This will show you a list of network devices that you are using for your computer.
- Now follow these steps- Select Connection and Right-click on it> Choose properties from the menu>select the Networking tab> select and enable both IPV4 and IPV6> Hit OK.
- After the whole process is complete check the signal.
Make the Firewall Powerless
If you want to fix this error code then disable your firewall. To make your firewall powerless, perform the below steps:
- Click on Windows Logo and open your Control Panel.
- Select System and Security from this page and then click on Windows Firewall. Check whether it is enabled or disabled. If it is enabled then disable it.
- If it is done then go to Firewall Customize Settings Window and turn on Windows Firewall and Click on OK.
- Finally, you connect the router to the device and check Linksys error 2118 is resolved or not.
Setup Router In An Appropriate Way
When you get the router not found the alert message, try to keep on pressing on Retry option. Instead of resolving the issue it generates Linksys router error 2118. The best way to fix this issue is to set up your router in a below mentioned way.
First, check the box that entitled ‘’I understand my network is currently open and not secure. I would like to use the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account to configure my router’s security settings.’’. Then, click on the Continue button and finish the process.
Uninstall Antivirus Application
This is another method that you can try and fix this error. To uninstall your Antivirus software try out this following steps.
- Click on Windows logo and click on the Control Panel option.
- Hit on Programs and Features from Control Panel page.
- Select Uninstall a program option. Here you can find out all the lists of the devices that are already installed in your system.
- Choose Antivirus software and its related files. Right-click on each file and Uninstall them one by one. Confirm the process by clicking on the Yes button.
- When the antivirus software is uninstalled successfully message will appear on the screen, the uninstallation process will be completed.
Control the IPV6 Settings
This is one of the primary ways to solve this error code. Check the below Mention methods.
- Go to Linksys cloud Account and hit on Router Settings option>Choose Connectivity> click on Internet Settings icon.
- Choose IPV6 and disable it to Restart your system.
- When reboot is done, your system will turn on automatically.
- Finally, check whether this issue is still there or not.
Alter Router Encryption from WPA2 Personal to WPA-PSK
After the implementation of the above-mentioned methods, if you are unsuccessful to fix this error code then you can try out this ultimate method by following the below instructions.
- First, open your web browser and go to your Linksys official page.
- When you get the login page, enter your username and password and log in.
- Click on the Wireless option> then choose Wireless security logo> Hit on Security Model menu and select a security mode.
- Opt WPA/WPA2/Mixed and alter the settings from there.
- Finally, open your Wi-Fi and verify if the error still persists or not.
On a Whole
All the methods which we discussed in this article are simple and easy to apply. You can go through all these processes one by one and implement until you fix Linksys error 2118.
Hopefully by applying these steps will make your system healthy and increase the performance of your router.