Linksys Router Firmware Update: The Whys And Hows
Linksys is an American networking and manufacturing company which comes up with high-quality routers. This is why the users all over the world use Linksys routers. The firmware of the Linksys router comes in embedded that manages and controls the administrative features and routing protocols of the router’s security management. Hence, if the firmware of the Linksys router is malfunctioning, then you definitely in need of a Linksys router firmware update. This will efficiently resolve all the issues regarding the Linksys firmware. Read this article carefully to know the methods for Linksys router firmware update. The steps are quite easy, so that you can try by yourself.
Why you Need Linksys router firmware update?
If you need to know the reasons for updating the router of Linksys, take a glimpse at some of the reasons when you need to update Linksys router firmware. This will effectively resolve any errors regarding the Linksys router firmware.
- The Linksys router might be malfunctioning. If you don’t exactly know the reason for the malfunctioning, then you need a Linksys router firmware update.
- If you want to change the router to the repeater mode and you are unable to perform the following, then a firmware update of the Linksys router might fix the issue for you.
- Moreover, there can be a chance that the Linksys router driver is corrupt. In such circumstances, you can perform Linksys router firmware update and see if the driver issue is occuring or not.
- If the internet protocols have changed, you may face problem while you try to connect your devices with the router. Try updating the firmware of the router to get rid of the issue.
How to update router firmware Linksys?
If you require to update the firmware of the router, then you need to do it immediately. This is because the firmware of the somehow monitors the performance of the router by managing the internet protocols. Take a look at the easy ways by which you can update Linksys router firmware on your own:
- Open any web browser that is in your system.
- Then, in the search box, type the following address: 192.168.1.1 and hit the Enter button.
- The Linksys Login page will open. There you have to give the login credentials.
- Give the correct username in the username field and password in the password field.
- Click on the Login button to open the Linksys Setup Wizard.
- There go to the Administration section and go to the Firmware Upgrade.
- Then click on the Browse button. Some routers have a Choose File button.
- Locate the file and click on the Open button.
- After that, you have to click on the Start Upgrade button. This will take some time. Make sure that you have a strong internet connection. Wait for the procedure to end.
- At last, log out of the Linksys Router Setup Wizard and run something on the internet to see if it is working or not.
In case you are unable to perform Linksys router firmware update, you can avail the help of experts for a further and better assistance.