A Comprehensive Guide On Linksys RE6400 Setup: Know the Effective Steps
Whenever your Wifi signal is not effective enough to cover up the dead areas or cuts out very often, it is time to devote in wifi range extender. Linksys RE6400 is one of the most popular among the list of wifi extenders. Moreover, this Linksys RE6400 simply extends the wifi network of your router to the dead ends of your areas. In fact, you can connect several devices by expanding your router’s network with the help of Linksys RE6400 setup.
However, setup Linksys RE6400 is not a troublesome task as you can simply perform it with some manual tweaks. You can easily set up the Linksys RE6400 extender by some simple steps. In case you are wondering how to setup Linksys extender RE6400? Pat your back as you have dropped in the right page. Described below are some of the easy and simple steps that will make your task easier.
Easy and Useful Steps to setup Linksys RE6400:
You may come up with the multiple ways to setup the Linksys RE6400 extender. But, you need to follow some simple and effective steps that are stated below. Linksys extender setup RE6400 can be done with the help of two ways. One by Browser-Based Setup and another by Wifi Protected Setup.
Therefore, go through below the section to know the effective and useful steps.
You can easily set up the wifi range extender with the help of this Browser-Based Setup. You just need to follow some simple steps.
- At first, plug-in the extender and keep it in between the dead area and your router. You need to make sure that using the laptops and cell phones which range contain at least 50 percent signal strength of the router. Otherwise, you can put the device closer to your router.
- After that, you need to wait for the LED light to turn into amber.
- Now, you can connect to “linksysextendersetup-XXX”.
- Open your browser and enter 192.168.1.1.
- Now, you need to follow the on-screen directions for login, password and everything.
Wifi Protected Setup :
You can also use this wifi protected setup process to set up the wifi range extender. To do so, you just need to follow some steps. The steps are mentioned below:
- Before proceeding further, you need to make sure that your router has internet. Wifi protected setup is great to attach over wifi with a push button connect. At first, you need to plug-in the range extender near your router. After plug-in, the indicator LED light of your device will blink green for a minute while.
- After that, you need to wait for the LED light to become amber until moving ahead. In fact, this process can take more than a minute.
- To extend the 2.4 GHz network of your router, you need to push the wifi protected setup button of your range extender as well as the wifi protected setup button on the router. If the LED light is blinking amber then, the connection is not yet complete but if the LED light turns to solid green then, the connection is successful.
- To extend the 5 GHz network of your router, you need to push the wifi protected setup button of your range extender as well as the wifi protected setup button on the router. If the LED light is blinking amber then, the connection is not yet complete but if the LED light turns to solid green then, the connection is successful.
- Once the connection is done, you need to unplug your device and keep it in the midway between the dead area and your router.
- Make sure that you are using the laptops and cell phones which range contain at least 50 percent signal strength of the router. Otherwise, you can put the device closer to your router.
- It can take a minute to boot up after moving the range extender. Till then, you need to check for the LED lights.
- Now, you can try to connect your wifi devices with the help of wifi extended network.
Hopefully, the above suggested steps are effective and useful for Linksys extender setup RE6400. Furthermore, we have mentioned two possible ways to set up the Linksys extender RE6400 to expand your router’s network. The above-mentioned stepwise solutions can give you the optimal solution on time to extend your router’s network to the dead areas. Try the above-mention troubleshooting ways and see which one is giving you the ultimate solution. In case, you face any confusion or trouble please opt for an experts help.