Fix The Router Keeps Disconnecting Issue Effectively: Three Handy Methods
Router keeps disconnecting or the dropping connection issue in routers is the most common problem ever. This issue may trigger in your router due to various reasons. It may be the result of the poor wi-fi connection. Otherwise, there may be any setup configuration error behind this wifi keeps disconnecting issue. In addition, the wireless card driver of your wireless router may be the cause of this internet connection dropping issue.
However, it may become a royal pain for you to use your wireless router hassle-free. Therefore, you need to resolve it as soon as possible.
Here’s what you can do to fix your router’s disconnecting issue.
Generic Causes behind this Wireless router keeps disconnecting Issue
There are several types of reasons that cause dropping or intermittent wireless router connection between your system and router.
The driver of your wireless card may be the main culprit behind this wi-fi connection disconnecting issue. In fact, the intermittent wifi connection issue might occur due to the incorrect router setting configurations.
A list of the most common reasons are in the following section which is related to the intermittent wireless router wifi connection:
- Some physical barriers or obstructions behind this wi-fi connection dropping issue.
- The firmware version of your wireless router.
- Mismatched router and adapter settings.
- Very poor signal quality received from your wireless router.
- Computer adapter’s driver needs to be upgraded.
- Power outage.
- Frequency interference from another wireless device.
- The wireless card driver of your wireless router.
- An incorrect setup configuration of your wireless router.
- Internal technical malfunction of the wireless router.
- The outdated wireless device driver.
The 3 Best Methods to Fix this Wireless router keeps disconnecting Issue :
While facing the connectivity issue with your wireless router, you would unable to use your router without restarting it. Moreover, it can be very problematic to restart your wireless router again and again, if the router keeps disconnecting. However, don’t’ be tensed. You can easily fix this wireless router disconnecting issue with the help of some effective fixing methods:
Read on to know the effective and useful methods which can instantly resolve the each and every wifi connection issue of your wireless router.
- Upgrade the PC driver
- Upgrade the Router Firmware
- Configure the proper setting of your wireless router
1. Upgrade the PC driver
At first, you need to update the driver of your system. Moreover, this can help you to resolve the wi-fi connection issue of your wireless router.
From the official website of the manufacturer, you can get the updated and latest driver for your wireless card. What to do next? Scroll down and read on to know more.
- At first, go to the official website of the system manufacturer.
- You need to choose your system in the model type option.
- You will get a driver list by click on the networking option.
- Choose the Wireless option.
- You can determine your wireless card model by pressing the Windows key + the Pause button at the same time on your keyboard.
- Now, you will get a System Properties Dialog Box.
- Otherwise, you can right click on My Computer and choose the Properties option.
- Choose the Advanced System Settings.
- You need to tap on the Hardware tab.
- Choose the Device Manager option.
- Tap on the option which is titled “Network Adapter”.
- Download it.
2. Upgrade the router firmware
You can easily resolve the wi-fi disconnection and dropping issue of your wireless router by upgrading the firmware of your wireless router. Moreover, upgrading the firmware of your wireless router is not so trivial task or job. Therefore, you can easily update the firmware of your wireless router.
3. Configure the proper Setting of your Wireless Router
Moreover, if your router keeps disconnecting every few minutes. Then, it may be the result of multiple settings on your wireless router. Basically, this issue may arise with the old model routers. The latest router models really work better with new and exclusive computers and gadgets. To resolve the wi-fi disconnection and dropping issue, you need to follow some steps:
- If you are recently connected to the 5 GHz one then, you need to connect the 2.4 GHz network interface.
- On the router, make sure the channel settings for the networks is set to Auto.
- If you have selected a specific channel for a particular reason, try another channel.
- Turn off extra security features like network isolation, MAC address filtering and Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
In this article, the best and easy three fixing methods are explained. Moreover, we have mentioned some major reasons which are the main causes behind this wifi disconnecting issue of your wireless router. It can help you to resolve the issue from the root.
The fixing methods are practical enough that can give you the most feasible solutions on time. Try the methods to see which one is giving you an ultimate troubleshooting solution regarding the wireless router keeps disconnecting issue.