Linksys Router Not Working: Easy Fixes To Resolve
Do you use a Linksys Router? If yes, then are you facing any problem with its working? Now, if you are seriously stuck with your Linksys router not working then here are the ways that can help you out.
In this article, you will get to know the different possible connectivity problems related to your Linksys router and the possible ways to deal with it.
Why the Linksys Router does not Connect to the Internet?
Before going to discuss other problems, first, let us talk about the problems related to an internet connection that you may face on a Linksys router. Some reasons that cause such a connection problem, are discussed below.
- The Linksys router lost the connectivity from the modem.
- The wireless firmware has become outdated
- Other reasons due to which the Linksys router stopped working.
To deal with the issue, check out some basic steps as follows:
- The first and most basic solution to this is to restart your wireless router. Restarting often solves a majority of problems.
- Try to restart your computer, your modem or your router and see whether it is working for your wireless Linksys Router.
Using these methods, check once whether you could fix the problem or not. Now, if you are unable to fix it then follow the fixes given below.
Linksys Router Not Working: Fixes to Try
Mentioned below, are the fixes you need to try if you find your Linksys router is not working. The fixes cover internet connectivity issues and you should follow them exactly as instructed to fix the issue with your Linksys router.
Method 1: Reset your Router
- Restart the router and the Linksys modem. Then connect them using a cable. Now see whether it is working or not.
- If not, then just reset your Linksys router. Do this by using the reset key that is there at the back of your Linksys wireless router.
- Press the reset key with the help of Paper Clip or a Pen. Continue to hold it for 30-35 seconds and then release it.
Method 2: Setup your Router
Reboot your Router and Modem after you reset your Linksys Router.
- Now you should see the Linksys wireless network in the network list which is not secured. Try to connect with it.
- Next, open a browser and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of it.
- Now, you need to enter your login credentials to enter the setup page of your Linksys router.
- Now, set up the router just like the new wireless router.
- To do it, go to the Wireless tab and just enable wireless under the Basic Wireless Settings.
- Next, enter the unique SSID.
- Now, it is recommended that you select 1, 6, 11 as your channel, as they don’t overlap. Then just enable the wireless Broadcast SSID.
- Next, click on the wireless security and fill the credentials that are needed.
- At this point, it should work. But if it still doesn’t work, try to contact your ISP.
Basic Troubleshooting Ways of Linksys Router
- Do not reset your Linksys WiFi Router often, as it may lead to some hardware problems in the router.
- When you try to set the Linksys wireless router do not use the same SSID and the same password as you did the first time.
- Do not reset the modem whatever the reason might be. That will not help you in solving the problem.
Some Tips for You
- Do not reset the modem as said above as it might erase your configuration.
- For most users, the default settings in the router are DHCP, NAT or some other form of the automatic IP addressing. Now, take this into consideration if you have changed the router’s settings.
- If your IP address has been changed during the reset, then you have to wait up till 24 hours for the servers to assign you a new IP address depending upon the server provider.
These were the different methods to solve the Linksys Router not working. Share with us how they were a help to you. You can also help others by sharing with us some other ways to deal with the aforesaid problem.