Easy Solutions To Fix Linksys Error Code 323
Error codes are not uncommon and you may encounter one with your Linksys router even if it’s new. Out of the many codes that might bug you, Linksys error code 323 is one of the most confusing ones. Codes like this one appear while working with your router and you have no clue as to where to begin the troubleshooting.
First of all, it is important to know what error code 323 is. This error code becomes visible to us when the router is not detected by the setup disc precisely. Or, when the network configuration and the registry are not precise. There are various reasons for error code 323 to appear, like a corrupted disc, IP address conflict, etc.
Reasons That Might Give Rise to the Error Code 323
Causes that might give rise to the error 323 on your Linksys router include:
- Corrupted disc set-up
- Network configuration issues like IP address dispute
- Corrupted registry entries
How Can You Fix This Problem?
Follow the easy fixes as mentioned below to fix the Linksys error code 323 quickly and completely.
Fix 1: Use the Web-based Setup Page to manually Configure your Router
It is important to access the router’s interface if you are aiming at configuring the advanced settings.
- Are you using a wireless device to access the web interface?
Please be sure that your device is connected to your Linksys router’s WiFi before following the steps provided below.
- Make sure that your router power is ON
- The router password is recognized as “admin password”
Accessing the Web Interface
Follow the steps below
- Launch a web browser and enter “192.168.1.1” in the address bar then press Enter. If your IP address is not working accurately or if it has been changed, then it is advised to check the router’s IP address again.
- Enter your login credentials in the field provided. The default password is always admin. If you’ve changed your password, use that.
After that, configure your router manually and then check if this error code 323 shows up or not.
Fix 2: Change the Router’s Lan IP Address
Changing your IP address is better sometimes. This process is particularly effective during certain scenarios like trying to prevent IP address conflict. Follow the steps mentioned below.
Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome) and access your router’s web-based setup page and write the router’s IP address on the address bar.
Look for the IP address field under setup > basic setup > network setup
Type in the IP address of your choice
Once you are done, click on Save Settings.
If you are facing the Linksys error code 323, this is how you can fix it. These clear instructions will guide you till you come out of the issue. Hope this helps you in coming out of the crisis situation. Feel free to mention other alternative steps or procedures that can be applied to fix this issue.