Can’t Connect To D-link Router | Troubleshoot With Easy Hacks
In today’s digital world, D-link Corporation is one of the profound networking equipment manufacturing company. D-link usually designs products like routers, broadband, network storage, cable and DSL modems, adapters and many more. Despite having great features, D-link products also brought some issues to its users. Often people end up having problems such as can’t connect to D-link router. If you are also experiencing difficulties then go through this article. You will be able to solve the router errors using the solutions given below. For more information, you can also contact our tech support team.
Why You Can’t Connect To D-link Router
There can be several reasons why you can’t connect your D-link router. In order to resolve the error, first, you have to understand why it occured. Most of the times you can’t connect to Dlink router due to any damage related to the router itself. At first, you need to make sure the installation of the router is done properly. If there is any misconfiguration regarding the installation, the router will not function correctly. As a result, you’ll be unable to access the internet through the router.
There can be an IP conflict which can make your router cause errors. If the IP address of your PC or laptop doesn’t match with the router’s IP, the connection will not set up. Due to that, you can’t connect your device with the internet.
Somehow if the connecting port in the router is corrupt, inevitably there will be a connectivity issue. The port in the router device where the LAN or Ethernet cable connects needs to be verified carefully. With this port not working, there is a high chance can’t connect to Dlink router wireless issue may arise.
Resolve The Glitch With Effective Tricks
If you can’t connect to Dlink router, then you need the necessary steps to make it work again. Here are some of the effecting troubleshooting methods which will help you to fix the router issues.
- First, connect the power adapter to a wall socket and your router.
- Then, connect the Ethernet cable to the WAN port of both the modem and router.
- Wait for the light indication to turn on.
- Now, head to your computer or laptop.
- Finally, go to your network preferences and connect to the wifi name you can see on the Wireless Configuration Card. Then enter the password listed in the card also.
If the previous way doesn’t help you in solving the error, then try this method.
- At first, unplug the power cable to the DSL internet modem.
- Now, you have to connect the Ethernet cable from your PC or laptop to any of the LAN port on the router.
- Then, join the Cable/DSL modem to the Internet port of the router.
- Turn the power on for both the router and your Internet Cable/DSL modem to continue.
- Go to your Internet browser and type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
- There will be a prompt including the D-link Quick Router Setup Wizard. Then, click on Next to end the procedure.
After this, the router will run a scan to check the type of your internet service. If it successfully scans, there will be no need to do internet setup. Otherwise, you have to select your internet type manually. Now, in the Wireless settings, enter new network name and password. Select the correct time zone and after that, click on ‘Save’. Your router will then reboot and apply the changes.
Need Assistance? Call Us For Instant Support
You may face the problem even after using the above tricks. In that case, you need professional help to fix the issue can’t connect to Dlink router. Contact us in order to get further technical assistance. Our experts will guide you with the reliable solutions regarding your issues. We always aim to provide 100% customer satisfaction. Avail of our services by placing a call on our official D-link Support number +1-855-817-7794. Also, you may email us to inform about your problems on our email ID [email protected]. Or, chat live with our tech experts. So, get in touch with us and eliminate the recurring glitches.