Easy Ways To Change Belkin Router Password
If you have a Belkin router in your house you need to change its password after every 2 to 3 months for security purposes. Changing the password on intervals will prevent anyone to access your network or you can change it for any other personal reasons. For example, if you have forgotten the password of the router, then you have to change its password. Changing the password of your Belkin router is not a difficult task. However, sometimes you might face difficulties while doing so. Maybe you have forgotten how to change the router password or you are changing the password of your router for the first time. If such is the case, then you can take a look at this article. In this article, we are going to discuss how to change Belkin router password.
Why Do You Need To Change Belkin Router Password?
The need to change the Belkin router password is as follows:
- Sometimes we want to block someone from accessing our router. Hence, in this case, we have to change the password of the router.
- Also, we need to change the password of our router every after 2 to 3 months for security reasons.
- If we have forgotten the password of the router then also we have to change it.
Methods: How To Change Belkin Router Password
The methods to change the Belkin router password mentioned here, are as follows:
- General Method to change the Router password.
- Changing the password when forgotten,
- Changing the admin password.
Now, we are going to discuss the methods in details.
General Method To Change Belkin Router Password
To change the Belkin router password go through the steps:
- At first, check whether you have an active internet connection on your computer.
- Then, open a browser on your computer.
- After that, in the address bar of the browser type the address ‘192.168.0.1’ and press the ‘Enter’ key from the keyboard.
- Next, select the option ‘Change Wireless Password’ from the right. Also, you can choose the ‘Wireless Settings’.
- Now choose the new network key which you want to utilize.
- Then, select ‘Apply’ to save the changes made by you.
- Finally login to your router with the new password.
Changing The Password When Forgotten
Follow the steps to change the password when forgotten:
- At first, turn off your Belkin router.
- Then, look at the back of your router and find the reset button.
- After that, press the reset button for at least 15 to 20 seconds to reset your router.
- Once, you have reset the router open a browser and type the address ‘192.168.1.0’ in the address bar and then press the ‘Enter’ key from the keyboard.
- Now, select ‘Wi-Fi’ from the top.
- After that, locate the security settings of your router.
- Next, choose the type of encryption and then select the AES algorithm for WPA2-Personal.
- Now, provide the paraphrase and the SSID.
- Finally, save the changes and then refresh your router.
Changing The Admin Password
To change the admin password go through the steps:
- Open a web browser and in the address bar type “http://routerlogin.net’ and then press the ‘Enter’ key from the keyboard.
- Then enter the username and the password of your router in the required fields.
- The user name for your router will be ‘admin’ and the password will be ‘password.’
- After that, choose the option ‘Advanced’ and then select ‘Administration’
- Next, select ‘Set Password’ and provide the existing password and then write the new password 2 times.
- Then, select the option ‘enable Password recovery’ to retrieve the password in the future if needed.
- Finally, select ‘Apply’ and then select ‘OK’ to save the changes.
Also, you can go through these steps to change the password on your Belkin router:
- At first, open the configuration page of the router.
- Then, provide the ‘Username ‘ and the ‘Password’ and then select the Wireless tab to open it.
- After that, select the option ‘Change Password’ to change the password on your router.
- Now, change the password on your computer.
- Next, ensure the type of security and the name of the network.
- Finally, save the changes and refresh your router.
Thus by these methods, you can change the password of your Belkin router.
After changing the password of your router, refresh it and disconnect the devices which are connected to it.