Belkin Router Firmware Update: Easy Hacks
Belkin International Inc. is a company that develops a variety of electronic devices for consumers and businesses. This company makes devices such as routers, accessories for the Apple handheld and other mobile devices. But, from the range of the devices that Belkin is credited for, the routers are come out as the most talked about gadgets from the house of Belkin. All the different router devices have their own unique features and built with the cutting edge technology that the brand boasts of. But, despite having so many different features in their router devices. Even then, you can get various types of errors. One such kind of problem is the Belkin router firmware update.
About the Firmware:
Firmware is a software which is installed within your router device. This software resides on the read-only memory modules that are present inside the router. Basically, this software is used to configure the administrative and security router device when it boots up.
Why Belkin router firmware update is needed?
This section will provide you with the various reasons to update the firmware for Belkin router in the following points.
- To enhance the performance of the router device you can update the firmware.
- Sometimes you can also update the firmware of your router if there is an issue in the security of this device.
- Also, if some new features need to be added into the router device, then you can update the firmware of it.
- If the router gets corrupt or doesn’t stay as functioning as it should, then the firmware update is required.
In the next section, you will get the procedures to update Belkin router firmware.
Steps on “How to update router firmware Belkin?”
In this segment of the article, it will provide you with the different steps that can help you with the update process of the Belkin router. So, you can glance through the lines below:
Firmware download for the Belkin router
- First, you will have to know the model number, hardware details of the router device. Next, inspect the version of the firmware of that device.
- After that, launch the web browser of your choice and visit the Belkin official website.
- Then, within that webpage, go to the search box and type the model number of the router device that you have and tap the Enter button.
- From the output of the search, carefully check the firmware of your router. You can recognize the firmware by looking at the name and model number of the router you have.
- Now, choose the correct firmware and download it from the website.
Update Belkin router firmware
In this point, you will get the elaborate steps that will help to update the firmware of your Belkin router. In order to do it, follow the steps provided below:
- First, launch your preferred web browser like Google Chrome. On the address bar of that browser type the IP address ‘192.168.2.1’.
- Next, the configuration page of the router you have will launch. In that page, locate the option firmware update.
- When you choose this option, then the setup page will prompt you to provide the password of the router. Then, you will get an ‘Upload’ button, just tap on it.
- Now, you will have to select the location of the firmware that was downloaded previously to upload the firmware into your router.
- After the procedure of firmware, upload is complete, tap on the ‘Apply’ button to confirm any changes to the router device.
- At last the firmware of your Belkin router will be updated. This process will take some time to get over, so wait patiently.
- When the update process is over, then reboot the router and your computer and then inspect if you are getting an internet connection or not.
Automatically update firmware
On the current versions of Belkin routers, a user can able to automatically update the firmware of the router. In order to do it follow the instructions below:
- Open the web browser and type the IP address ‘192.168.2.1’ within the address bar. Next, type in the default username and password to enter into the router setup page.
- Next, go to the ‘Advanced Settings’. After that, locate the section ‘Utilites’.
- Under that section, locate and choose the option ‘Firmware Update’.
- When you tap on this option, then automatically the latest firmware will be downloaded and installed. This procedure takes some time to finish.
- When the process of automatic download and installation is over then simply restart the router and the machine.
Wrap Up Note
Belkin router firmware update can be easily accomplished on your own if you simply follow the points carefully on the previous section of this article. Even after following all the steps and each and every point within the above-mentioned section, you cannot able to update the firmware of the Belkin router. Then, simply post the query you have on the comments section below and we will solve your issue within a few minutes.